We are looking for multimedia (mostly graphics) artists for a democompo project. You do not need to have an expert level in programming to participate (if your only contribution is good looking bitmap images, that’s already a lot!), even though a little background is advisable if you want to do animated thingies or some rendered effects (we could help you however).
This mini-project consists in developing a compo on the Milkymist open hardware system-on-chip platform that will present Sanobot, the toxic gas sensor and Twitter bot of /tmp/lab, a hackerspace set up close to a chemical factory.
We look forward to presenting it at demoparties (unfortunately it was not ready for Main#4).
What is a Demoparty:
More info on Sanobot:
- http://lekernel.net/blog/?p=446 : presentation of the project
- http://lekernel.net/blog/?p=509 : some tech info
- http://lekernel.net/blog/?p=517 : more tech details
- http://lekernel.net/blog/?p=577 : some results
- http://www.twitter.com/sanobot : Twitter feed
More info on Milkymist:
- http://www.milkymist.org : project homepage
- http://www.milkymist.org/doc/paper_overview.pdf : technical overview
- http://www.tmplab.org/wiki/index.php/FPGA_Workshop : workshop on FPGA
Project wiki page (with scenario outline… that you are of course invited
So if you think you could design some cool graphics for this project, contact sebastien dot bourdeauducq at lekernel dot net. There is nothing to win, except loads of geek fun, some technical background, and hopefully a demoparty prize