This page is intended as placeholder for preparing the Domoverse platform project.
It is a project whose aim is to explore the HMI capabilities of Metaverse-related technologies (OpenSim/OpenLife/OpenCroquet/Solipsis) in a domotics context (X10/Z-Wave, Gumstix, ZigBee...), as home server control and root web house.
- State of the art: metaverse platforms and domotics management systems
- Evaluation of metaverse and domotics management systems candidates
- Implementation of a tmplab server for experimentation
- 3D Replication of the lab and it's electronic devices
- Implementation of XMLRPC-like server for services exposition (X10, ...)
- Linking virtual objects' actions to XMLRPC calls
- Gluing all together for first prototype
- Hardware integration on low-consumption devices (WRT?)
- XML-RPC server:
- keeps a list of all detected automation-related devices
- gives access to underlying features
- serves cross-world 3D models of real-life controlled items (e.g. light bulb, displays, ...)
- device_connectors: protocol-specific plugins
- cross-world 3D models, scripting templates and coding resources
- world-specific interfacing modules
Ultimately, all device-specific information should reside in the devices themselves and answear to requests directly.