It is about all the tools, machines, devices of your dream you want to make !
- Existing but too expensive
- Doesn't exist but should
- Seems quite complex to make lonely but not in a hackerspace
The e-film :
Fed-up with all those expensive digital cameras ? Re-use your old but good 35mm argentic camera (SLR, telemeter...) with an electronic sensor in place of the film.
- Form factor : same as a 35mm roll film.
- Modern sensor, SD card, modern microprocessor, linux embedded.
First exemple in the industry in 2001 but fail :
The DV Hard-Disk
Re-use your old but good HI8, DV camcorder with a small hard disk recorder instead of tapes. You can bring back to life all the camcoders with tape recoder defects.
- Form factor : a box containing a 3,5" HD
- Analogical and digital inputs : S-video, CINCH, IEEE1394 (firewire)
- Standard camcoder battery deck
- Lcd to navigate in files.
- Microprocessor for live encoding in DV, MJPEG, X264..