FPGA Workshop 4: Behind the Scenes
- Titre: FPGA Workshop 4: Behind the Scenes
- Par: lekernel
- Date: Sunday November 7th 2009
- Lieu: /tmp/lab
We don't need no stinkin' synthesizer!
In the previous workshops, we have seen that FPGAs can emulate any logic circuit.
FPGAs are however not magic nor mystical devices and this workshop will shed light on how they work internally. After theoretical explanations on their functioning, we will program them very close to the "bare silicon" by configuring manually each logic element on the chip, without any Verilog or schematics.
For the hands-on part:
- Bring your laptop
- IMPORTANT: Install Xilinx ISE. The installation takes a long time that we cannot waste during the workshop.
- Bring a Xilinx FPGA board such as the Avnet Spartan-3A starter kit used in previous workshops. Boards with non-Xilinx chips cannot be used.
- Bring any required programming (JTAG) cable and try to make sure that it works (driver installed etc.) before coming.
Please subscribe to the workshop by editing this list!