Hacker Space Fest
The website has moved to http://www.hackerspace.net
Hacker Space Festival, meet open source people, hardware hacker, technology addicts, computing trash recyclers, ...
What would the Internet look like without hackers? What would computing look like without free and open source software? What would the culture look like with DRM and closed media channels everywhere? Where do art and technology merge? Would Gilbert Simondon be happy if he were alive today? Many questions will be debated during the first Hacker Space Fest from the 16th to the 22nd June 2008 near Paris, in the industrial outskirts of Vitry-sur-Seine.
The first Hacker Space Fest (HSF) will be held at the /tmp/lab near Paris, France in June 2008. The goal of this festival is to bring together people from many cultural and technological backgrounds and from different Hacker Spaces and Autonomous zones in France and Europe (and from beyond, if they can attend) to share and show what's going on.
The broad term "hacking" is understood in this context as "creative use of technology" and not "illegal computer break in" (we don't buy the political & media terror-inducing FUD).
This festival is autonomous, non-profit and collaborative. We encourage you to contribute in any way to this adventure by joining our team for this event, submitting a conference, proposing a workshop or organizing a live concert, a performance, an art exhibition or a sister event at your home location.
- Place: 6Bis (http://www.6bis.org) & /tmp/lab, Vitry s/ Seine, France
- Dates: 16 - 22 of June 2008
Here are various events that will happen during the festival.
The conference will host two tracks, one in English, the other one in French.
Call For Papers (CFP)
The call for papers (CFPs) are out in french and english version.
TBA, waiting for CFP deadline.
French Track (Session Francaise)
TBA, waiting for CFP deadline.
- Church of overblown firefox tabs. "For those who have too many tabs open all day long"
- Cut up session with Kruno Jost http://www.myspace.com/zidbuke, Philippe Langlois http://www.XLRMX.org and Palm (BigIrons, angle grinder, piezzo, processing, mikes, pure data, amps)
- OneDayBlasts http://www.onedayblast.org/index.php/Main_Page
- Urban dwelling
- Bricovan's /tmp/van preparation
See [Le Placard website] for online registration of performers and line up.
Thanks to Robert Filliou, there's a word for it. We are part of an ongoing fest of culture and technology which is already happening.
- Mal au Pixel - Main d'Oeuvre, Paris, France - May 16..25
- inDiGeSt, festival indépendant sur le hack urbain (documentaires, graffiti et son) - Marseille - June 7 and 8 (week end)
- Hacker Space Fest - /tmp/lab, Vitry, France - June 16..22
- intercambios-exchange - june 27..29
- Multimedia Kamp - Zaghreb, Croatia - 30 june..14 july
- CellsButton - House of Natural Fibers, Yogya, Indonesia - 11 - 20 august 2008
More details: HSF_Organization
- This conference is an auto-organized, no-budget/low budget conference.
- It tries to follow the principle of open organizations.